The following Assessments were acted on at the June 10, 2014, Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association Medical Advisory Panel (MAP) meeting.
- Use of Noninvasive Imaging to Detect Liver Fibrosis and Cirrhosis Among Patients With Chronic
- The MAP concluded that use of noninvasive imaging (elastography) to detect liver fibrosis or cirrhosis among patients with chronic hepatitis C does not meet the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association Technology Evaluation Center (TEC) criteria.
The following Assessments were acted on at the December 10, 2014, Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association Medical Advisory Panel (MAP) teleconference.
- Bronchial Thermoplasty for Treatment of Inadequately Controlled Severe Asthma
- The MAP concluded that use of bronchial thermoplasty for treatment of inadequately controlled severe asthma does not meet the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association Technology Evaluation Center (TEC) criteria
- Special Report: Medication Adherence
- The MAP voted to approve publication of this TEC Special Report.
NOTICE OF PURPOSE: TEC Assessments are scientific opinions, provided solely for informational purposes. TEC Assessments should not be construed to suggest that the Blue Cross Blue Shield Association, Kaiser Permanente Medical Care Program or the TEC Program recommends, advocates, requires, encourages, or discourages any particular treatment, procedure, or service; any particular course of treatment, procedure, or service; or the payment or nonpayment of the technology or technologies evaluated.
NOTICE: TEC Assessments featured on this website are published in cooperation with Kaiser Foundation Health Plan and Southern California Permanente Medical Group. TEC Assessments on this site are provided to the public solely for informational purposes and are intended to remain exclusive to the site. TEC Assessments are copyrighted material and contain proprietary information that is intended for Blue Cross and Blue Shield Plans and other subscribers to the TEC Program. Visitors to the site are granted permission to access copyrighted material for private research or study only. Visitors to the site must not reproduce, distribute, publish or electronically display any of the copyrighted material taken from this Web site. Any commercial use of site content is prohibited without the prior written consent of the Technology Evaluation Center.