The following Assessments were acted on at the June 10, 2015, Blue Cross Blue Shield Association Medical Advisory Panel (MAP) meeting.
- Endovascular Treatments for Acute Ischemic Stroke in Adults
- The MAP concluded that use of endovascular treatment with mechanical embolectomy in adults with radiologically confirmed large-vessel, anterior circulation acute ischemic stroke meets the Blue Cross Blue Shield Association Technology Evaluation Center (TEC) criteria.
- Special Report: Evaluating Evidence Supporting a Role for Genetic and Molecular Markers in Diagnosis, Prognosis, Risk Assessment, or Predicting Therapeutic Response.
- The MAP voted to approve publication of this TEC Special Report.
The following Assessments were acted on at the February 18, 2015, Blue Cross Blue Shield Association Medical Advisory Panel (MAP) teleconference.
- Use of Digital Breast Tomosynthesis With Mammography for Breast Cancer Screening
- The MAP concluded that the addition of tomosynthesis to screening mammography does not meet the Blue Cross Blue Shield Association Technology Evaluation Center (TEC) criteria.
NOTICE OF PURPOSE: TEC Assessments are scientific opinions, provided solely for informational purposes. TEC Assessments should not be construed to suggest that the Blue Cross Blue Shield Association, Kaiser Permanente Medical Care Program or the TEC Program recommends, advocates, requires, encourages, or discourages any particular treatment, procedure, or service; any particular course of treatment, procedure, or service; or the payment or nonpayment of the technology or technologies evaluated.
NOTICE: TEC Assessments featured on this website are published in cooperation with Kaiser Foundation Health Plan and Southern California Permanente Medical Group. TEC Assessments on this site are provided to the public solely for informational purposes and are intended to remain exclusive to the site. TEC Assessments are copyrighted material and contain proprietary information that is intended for Blue Cross and Blue Shield Plans and other subscribers to the TEC Program. Visitors to the site are granted permission to access copyrighted material for private research or study only. Visitors to the site must not reproduce, distribute, publish or electronically display any of the copyrighted material taken from this Web site. Any commercial use of site content is prohibited without the prior written consent of the Technology Evaluation Center.