Promoting Wellness for You and Your Family
BCBSA's offerings include comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans. Eligibility for coverage is effective on the first of the month following date of hire. Coverage options include employee only, employee plus one dependent or family. Opt out of coverage is available.
- Health Maintenance Organization (HMO)
- Traditional Provider Plan Option (PPO)
- High deductible PPO with a health savings account
- Dental HMO program (Chicago employees only)
- PPO with services from the provider of your choice
- Core coverage is available at no cost to the employee
- A buy-up option is also available
- You will have access to a national network of doctors, and preferred pricing on exams, contact lenses and frames
Domestic Partner Coverage
- Coverage for same sex or opposite sex domestic partners is available for the medical, dental and vision plans
- Also, a same sex spouse legally married to an eligible employee is eligible for coverage*
*Must be legally married to an eligible employee (under state or local law) in the following jurisdictions: Connecticut, Iowa, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Vermont and District of Columbia. IRS regulations require same-sex spouse to be a dependent for over half of his or her income or coverage will be subject to imputed income.