- See Blue Health Intelligence.
- Blue 365®
- Addresses the health and lifestyle needs of consumers through unique partnerships and experiences designed exclusively for Blue365 members. A value added discount program that provides Blue members with discounts and content on health and wellness, family care, financial services, and healthy travel .
- Blue Advocacy
- The policy and legistlative division of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association representing The Blue System's views on healthcare insurance, advocacy, and policies on Capitol Hill.
- Blue Health Intelligence®
Provides greater healthcare transparency by delivering detail about healthcare trends and best practices, resulting in healthier lives and affordable access to safe and effective care. BHI brings together the healthcare experience of more than 54 million Blue Cross and Blue Shield members nationwide. Visit https://www.bluehealthintelligence.com/ today.
- Blue Surgical Safety Checklist℠ ("Checklist")
- A one-page tool that itemizes essential safety steps that surgical teams should perform at three key stages of surgery.
- Enables members to receive healthcare services wherever they live or travel, nationally or internationally. BlueCard links participating healthcare providers and the independent Blue Cross and Blue Shield companies across the country through a single electronic network for claims processing and reimbursement .
- A designation awarded by the Blue Cross and Blue Shield companies to medical facilities that have demonstrated expertise in delivering quality healthcare in the areas of: bariatric surgery, cardiac care, complex and rare cancers, knee and hip replacement , spine surgery and transplants. The designation is based on rigorous, evidence-based, objective selection criteria established with input from expert physicians and recommendations from medical organizations .
- National Walk@Lunch Day®
An extension of the WalkingWorks® program -- helps people incorporate physical activity into their work day and encourages them to increase their daily physical activity by walking at lunch.
- See Patient-centered medical home.
- Second Opinion
- a television series that features panels of doctors, patients and related experts tackling real-life complex medical cases.
- Technology Evaluation Center
- Pioneered the development of scientific criteria for assessing medical technologies through comprehensive reviews of clinical evidence. Assessments provide objective information to those who deliver and manage medical care The assessments are based on clinical and scientific evidence and evaluate whether a technology improves health outcomes.