- Ask Blue
An interactive website designed to answer consumers’ questions about the impact of Healthcare Reform, how to buy health insurance, and how to find the plan that best fits their needs and their budget.
- Ask Blue℠ Healthcare Reform
- An interactive Web tool that helps consumers understand how healthcare reform will impact them and/or their business.
- Ask Blue℠ Medicare
- An interactive Web tool that helps consumers navigate through the Medicare options available from their local Blue Cross and Blue Shield company to find the individual coverage that best fits their needs and budget.
- See Blue Health Intelligence.
- Blue 365®
- Addresses the health and lifestyle needs of consumers through unique partnerships and experiences designed exclusively for Blue365 members. A value added discount program that provides Blue members with discounts and content on health and wellness, family care, financial services, and healthy travel .
- Blue Advocacy
- The policy and legistlative division of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association representing The Blue System's views on healthcare insurance, advocacy, and policies on Capitol Hill.
- Blue Health Intelligence®
Provides greater healthcare transparency by delivering detail about healthcare trends and best practices, resulting in healthier lives and affordable access to safe and effective care. BHI brings together the healthcare experience of more than 54 million Blue Cross and Blue Shield members nationwide. Visit https://www.bluehealthintelligence.com/ today.
- Blue Surgical Safety Checklist℠ ("Checklist")
- A one-page tool that itemizes essential safety steps that surgical teams should perform at three key stages of surgery.
- Enables members to receive healthcare services wherever they live or travel, nationally or internationally. BlueCard links participating healthcare providers and the independent Blue Cross and Blue Shield companies across the country through a single electronic network for claims processing and reimbursement .
- A designation awarded by the Blue Cross and Blue Shield companies to medical facilities that have demonstrated expertise in delivering quality healthcare in the areas of: bariatric surgery, cardiac care, complex and rare cancers, knee and hip replacement , spine surgery and transplants. The designation is based on rigorous, evidence-based, objective selection criteria established with input from expert physicians and recommendations from medical organizations .
- The annual BlueWorks Awards program is designed to advance that mission by recognizing the single Blue Cross and/or Blue Shield company that best demonstrates taking a leadership role in transforming the quality, affordability and delivery of care. BlueWorks entries are reviewed by the Harvard Medical School Department of Health Care Policy and independent judges from key medical societies for their innovation, scope, approach and impact on healthcare delivery in Blue companies' local markets.
- Good Health Club℠
- The Good Health Club promotes healthy choices and behaviors in children through fun, effective, age-appropriate communications. The Good Health Club uses a group of animated characters to teach kids to: Eat 5 servings of fruits and veggies every single day, limit screen time to 2 hours or less, get at least 1 hour of physical activity and limit sweetened drinks to 0.
- Healthcare Trends in America
- A comprehensive compendium and analysis of key trends in the healthcare industry from nationally recognized, fact-based and credible sources. The research within the report provides a useful blueprint to assist stakeholders and the federal government as they implement healthcare reform.
- My Blue Community℠
- Online community that empowers members to make informed appropriate health choices based on either experiences from other healthcare consumers with similar circum?stances or expert advice.
- National Walk@Lunch Day®
An extension of the WalkingWorks® program -- helps people incorporate physical activity into their work day and encourages them to increase their daily physical activity by walking at lunch.
- Patient Centered Medical Home
- The PCMH is a model of healthcare based on an ongoing, personal relationship between a patient, doctor and the patient's care team. Whatever the medical needs ? primary or secondary, preventive care, acute care, chronic care, or end-of-life care ? the patient has a medical "home"; a single, trusted doctor and care team, through which continuous, comprehensive and integrated care is provided.
- See Patient-centered medical home.
- Second Opinion
- a television series that features panels of doctors, patients and related experts tackling real-life complex medical cases.
- Technology Evaluation Center
- Pioneered the development of scientific criteria for assessing medical technologies through comprehensive reviews of clinical evidence. Assessments provide objective information to those who deliver and manage medical care The assessments are based on clinical and scientific evidence and evaluate whether a technology improves health outcomes.