Health Tip: Avoid the Winter Blues
Drink plenty of water
January 28, 2013
(HealthDay News) -- You may develop a case of the winter blues as the weather gets colder and the days become shorter.
The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics offers this advice to help battle the winter blues:
- Stay hydrated by drinking plenty of fluids, especially water.
- Hone in on a hobby, such as making your own crafts or reading more.
- Take up a new winter sport, such as skiing or ice skating.
- Cut back on dietary portion sizes, and add more fruits and vegetables to your menu.
- Adjust your sleep schedule -- go to sleep earlier and wake earlier in the morning.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2013 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
Articles by HealthDay®. Health Day is an independent company not affiliated with the BlueCross BlueShield Association.
The information available on the BCBSA health and wellness news feeds, including text, graphics, and other materials are for informational purposes only. BCBSA does not recommend or endorse any products, companies, physicians, procedures, opinons or other information that may appear on the site or in these feeds. Reliance on any information in the feeds is at the users own risk. The visitor of this website acknowledges that the information available on or through this news feeds is not and is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice.