Arkansas Blue Cross And Blue Shield To Give Away Christmas Meals; Register At Select Goodwill Stores
December 4, 2013
LITTLE ROCK – Arkansas Blue Cross and Blue Shield will give away Christmas dinners to 12 families in Arkansas. People can register at any Arkansas Blue Cross enrollment center located inside select Goodwill Industries of Arkansas stores around the state.
Arkansas Blue Cross enrollment centers are open at the following Goodwill store locations and times:
- Benton — 1716 Military Road, Mondays from 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- Bryant — 5914 Highway 5 North, Wednesdays from 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- Cabot — 204 S. Rockwood Dr., Tuesdays and Thursdays from 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- Fayetteville — 705 E. Appleby Rd., Thursdays and Fridays from 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. and Saturdays from 9 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Little Rock — 7400 Scott Hamilton Rd., Saturdays from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Little Rock — 109 Markham Park Dr., Tuesdays and Thursdays from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Mountain Home — 759 Hwy 62 East, Suite 102, Saturdays 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- North Little Rock — 6929 John F. Kennedy Blvd., Wednesdays and Fridays from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Paragould — 2808 W. Kingshighway, Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Rogers — 4301 South Dixieland Rd., Sundays from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Russellville — 2100 North Arkansas Ave., Fridays from 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Drawing will be held December 19.
The Christmas meal will feed a family of up four people and includes a traditional holiday menu of turkey, ham, wheat rolls, side dishes and dessert. Arkansas Blue Cross also is giving away $100 Goodwill gift cards monthly at each of the 12 Goodwill locations. The drawing is open to Arkansans ages 18 and above. No purchase necessary to register.
At these select Goodwill stores, visitors also can talk to a certified Arkansas Blue Cross agent to discuss new health coverage opportunities. With more than a quarter-million uninsured adults in Arkansas becoming newly eligible for free or low-cost health insurance due to the health care laws, it’s a good time for many Arkansans to explore their options.
About Arkansas Blue Cross and Blue Shield
Founded in 1948, Arkansas Blue Cross and Blue Shield, an independent licensee of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association, is the largest health insurer in Arkansas. Arkansas Blue Cross and its affiliates have more than 2,500 employees. The Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association is comprised of 37 independent, locally operated Blue Cross and Blue Shield Plans that collectively provide health care coverage for 100 million — nearly one in three — Americans.
The Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association is a national federation of 36 independent, community-based and locally-operated Blue Cross and Blue Shield companies that collectively provide healthcare coverage for more than 106 million members – one-in-three Americans. For more information on the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association and its member companies, please visit bcbs.com. We encourage you to connect with us on Facebook, check out our videos on YouTube, follow us on Twitter and check out The BCBS Blog, for up-to-date information about BCBSA.