Blue Cross & Blue Shield Of Rhode Island Offers 2012 Medicare Advantage Plans For Annual Enrollment Period
AEP is open and will conclude on December 7
November 2, 2011
PROVIDENCE – Blue Cross & Blue Shield of Rhode Island (BCBSRI) has five Medicare Advantage plans to choose from during Medicare’s Annual Enrollment Period (AEP) for the upcoming 2012 plan year. If you are eligible for Medicare or wish to switch your Medicare plan, you can do so through December 7, 2011.
BCBSRI offers five individual Medicare Advantage plan options, including four with Medicare Part D prescription drug coverage:
- BlueCHiP for Medicare Value is a new plan with no monthly premium and includes prescription drug coverage. BlueCHiP for Medicare Value also provides out-of-network coverage – a great benefit for those who like to travel out-of-state.
- BlueCHiP for Medicare Core offers more benefits than Original Medicare but does not include prescription drug coverage.
- BlueCHiP for Medicare Standard with Drugs delivers the same benefits as BlueCHiP for Medicare Core and includes Medicare Part D prescription drug coverage.
- BlueCHiP for Medicare Plus offers lower copayments, prescription drug coverage and additional vision services.
- BlueCHiP for Medicare Preferred provides additional vision and hearing aid coverage as well as out-of-network coverage and covers generic drugs in the coverage gap at their applicable copayment.
All five plans have several programs to encourage and help Medicare members to maintain a healthy lifestyle. All BlueCHiP for Medicare members can take advantage of the following benefits:
- Living Fit, an unlimited-use membership at a participating network health club for $15 per month
- Blue365, a wellness discount program that provides discounts on products and services for improving or maintaining health, including fitness, nutrition, weight loss and LASIK
- Personalized care coordination with BCBSRI nurses as needed
- Wellness programs for asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, diabetes and heart disease
Based on federal guidelines, this AEP period is the only time members can switch plans. BCBSRI also offers Medicare Supplement plans and stand-alone Medicare Part D Prescription Drug plans that are designed to supplement Original Medicare benefits. Eligible Medicare beneficiaries should also note the change in dates of the enrollment period, which began on October 15, 2011 and will end on December 7, 2011.
BCBSRI is hosting meetings about our Medicare options throughout the state in November and December. To find a convenient meeting date and time, visit BCBSRI.com/Medicare, click on 2012 BlueCHiP for Medicare and then Attend an informational presentation under the For more information heading.
Additional information about BCBSRI’s Medicare Advantage, Supplement or Prescription Drug plans can be found at BCBSRI.com/Medicare, or by contacting BCBSRI at (401) 351-BLUE or visiting our Customer Service walk-in area at 500 Exchange Street in downtown Providence, Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
About Blue Cross & Blue Shield of Rhode Island
Blue Cross & Blue Shield of Rhode Island is the state’s leading health insurer and covers more than 600,000 members. Blue Cross & Blue Shield of Rhode Island is an independent licensee of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association. For more information, visit BCBSRI.com and follow us on Twitter @BCBSRI.
The Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association is a national federation of 36 independent, community-based and locally-operated Blue Cross and Blue Shield companies that collectively provide healthcare coverage for more than 105 million members – one-in-three Americans. For more information on the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association and its member companies, please visit bcbs.com. We encourage you to connect with us on Facebook, check out our videos on YouTube, follow us on Twitter and check out The BCBS Blog, for up-to-date information about BCBSA.