Blue Cross & Blue Shield Of Rhode Island Offers 2013 Medicare Advantage Plans For Annual Election Period
AEP is open and will conclude on December 7
November 7, 2012
PROVIDENCE – Blue Cross & Blue Shield of Rhode Island (BCBSRI) has five Medicare Advantage plans to choose from during Medicare’s Annual Election Period (AEP) for the upcoming 2013 plan year, which runs from October 15, 2012 to December 7, 2012.
BCBSRI offers five individual Medicare Advantage plan options, including four with Medicare Part D prescription drug coverage:
- BlueCHiP for Medicare Value (HMO-POS) is a plan with no monthly premium and includes prescription drug coverage. BlueCHiP for Medicare Value also provides out-of-network coverage–a great benefit for those who like to travel out-of-state or may spend significant time at a second home.
- BlueCHiP for Medicare Core (HMO) offers more benefits than Original Medicare but does not include prescription drug coverage.
- BlueCHiP for Medicare Standard with Drugs (HMO) delivers the same benefits as BlueCHiP for Medicare Core and includes Medicare Part D prescription drug coverage.
- BlueCHiP for Medicare Plus (HMO) offers lower copayments, prescription drug coverage and additional vision services.
- BlueCHiP for Medicare Preferred (HMO-POS) provides additional vision and hearing aid coverage as well as out-of-network coverage. BlueCHiP for Medicare Preferred also covers generic drugs in the coverage gap at their applicable copayment.
All five plans have several programs to encourage and help Medicare members to maintain a healthy lifestyle, part of BCBSRI’s broader focus on wellness initiatives. All BlueCHiP for Medicare members can take advantage of the following benefits:
- Living Fit, an unlimited-use membership at a participating network health club for $15 per month
- Blue365, a wellness discount program that provides discounts on products and services for improving or maintaining health, including fitness, nutrition, weight loss and LASIK
- Personalized care coordination with BCBSRI nurses as needed
- Wellness programs for asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, diabetes and heart disease
BCBSRI also offers Medicare Supplement plans and stand-alone Medicare Part D Prescription Drug plans that are designed to supplement Original Medicare benefits.
BCBSRI is hosting meetings about our Medicare options throughout the state in October, November and December. To find a convenient meeting date and time, visit BCBSRI.com/Medicare2013 and click on "Come to an event near you."
Additional information about BCBSRI’s Medicare Advantage, Supplement or Prescription Drug plans can be found at BCBSRI.com/Medicare2013, or by contacting BCSBRI at (401) 351-BLUE or 1-800-505-2583. Call center hours are October 1, 2012 - February 14, 2013: Seven days a week, 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.; February 15, 2013 - September 30, 2013: Monday- Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. TTY users should call 711.
The benefit information provided is a brief summary, not a complete description of benefits. For more information, contact the plan. Limitations, copayments, and restrictions may apply. Benefits, formulary, pharmacy network, premium and/or copayments/co-insurance may change on January 1 of each year. You must continue to pay your Part B premium. Blue Cross & Blue Shield of Rhode Island is a Medicare Advantage organization with a Medicare contract.
About Blue Cross & Blue Shield of Rhode Island
Blue Cross & Blue Shield of Rhode Island is the state’s leading health insurer and covers more than 600,000 members. Blue Cross & Blue Shield of Rhode Island is an independent licensee of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association. For more information, visit BCBSRI.com and follow us on Twitter @BCBSRI.
The Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association is a national federation of 38 independent, community-based and locally-operated Blue Cross and Blue Shield companies that collectively provide healthcare coverage for 100 million members – one-in-three Americans. For more information on the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association and its member companies, please visit bcbs.com. We encourage you to connect with us on Facebook, check out our videos on YouTube, follow us on Twitter and check out The BCBS Blog, for up-to-date information about BCBSA.