Blue Cross Foundation Videos Feature Grantee Projects
Videos feature programs that improve health across the state
March 20, 2012
EAGAN – The Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Minnesota Foundation has released short videos that highlight the work of five organizations working to improve health across the state.
The programs featured include:
- Carlton County Collaborative “Jump Start 4 Kindergarten,” improving children’s social and educational readiness for kindergarten through preschool programs in Cloquet and on the Fond du Lac Reservation
- Healthy Legacy, which improves public health by working to reduce the number of toxic chemicals in consumer products and educates consumers on healthy alternatives
- Mankato Area United Way “First Steps Collaborative,” which connects first-time parents to resources that help ensure the healthiest start for their children
- Preventing Harm Minnesota “Healthy Homes Healthy Kids,” which works to improve the quality of rental housing in the Phillips neighborhood in Minneapolis, leading to better health for residents
- Twin Cities Local Initiatives Support Coalition “Building Sustainable Communities,” which focuses on building social connections among residents of the Blake Road Corridor as well as providing healthier food options through a community garden
“We’re proud to help fund projects that contribute to improving health for communities throughout the state,” said Carolyn Link, Foundation executive director. “Making an investment in a healthier neighborhood, early childhood development or connecting people with each other and community resources is very much an investment in health.”
About Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Minnesota Foundation
The Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Minnesota Foundation exclusively dedicates its assets to improving health in Minnesota, awarding more than $30 million since it was established in 1986. The Foundation’s purpose is to make a healthy difference in people’s lives by improving the community conditions that have an impact on the health of children and families.
About Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Minnesota
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Minnesota, with headquarters in the St. Paul suburb of Eagan, was chartered in 1933 as Minnesota’s first health plan and continues to carry out its charter mission today as a health company: to promote a wider, more economical and timely availability of health services for the people of Minnesota. Blue Cross is a not-for-profit, taxable organization. Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Minnesota is an independent licensee of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association, headquartered in Chicago. Go to bluecrossmn.com to learn more about Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Minnesota.
The Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association is a national federation of 37 independent, community-based and locally-operated Blue Cross and Blue Shield companies that collectively provide healthcare coverage for nearly 100 million members – one-in-three Americans. For more information on the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association and its member companies, please visit bcbs.com. We encourage you to connect with us on Facebook, check out our videos on YouTube, follow us on Twitter and check out The BCBS Blog, for up-to-date information about BCBSA.