PROVIDENCE – For Rhode Islanders who are eligible to purchase individual and family health insurance during the current open enrollment period, which runs through December 31, Blue Cross & Blue Shield of Rhode Island (BCBSRI) is making the shopping process easier. At each of three Your Blue Store locations – East Providence, Warwick and Lincoln – Rhode Islanders can meet face-to-face with a consultant who can walk them through the process and answer any questions they have.
“We make it simple for individuals to research, compare, and buy health insurance through our website, but many Rhode Islanders prefer a more personal approach. They want to speak to someone face-to-face,” said Melissa Cummings, BCBSRI senior vice president and chief customer officer. “Our Your Blue Stores meet that need and they do so with a knowledgeable team that truly understands our health plan options and can help Rhode Islanders find the best health plan coverage for them and their family.”
The Your Blue Store team takes a consultative approach, working with members and non-members alike to review different plan options and help individuals determine which plan will meet their needs.
Highlights of the Your Blue Stores include:
- Conveniently located – 70 percent of Rhode Islanders live in a city or town that is within 10 miles of a Your Blue Store
- In-person support - Members can visit a Your Blue Store to meet with the team for questions regarding health plans or benefits, pay a bill or locate a doctor
- Experienced, local sales and service representatives to assist customers in understanding plan options and assist with enrollment
- English- and Spanish-speaking team members
- One-stop shopping – Members can enroll in dental, travel and pet insurance plans in addition to traditional health coverage
- Biometric screenings, flu clinics, health stations and on-site nurse care managers who can help with ongoing health issue like diabetes or achieving a wellness goal, such as losing weight
- Free fitness classes -- In 2017, Your Blue Stores have offered more than 900 fitness classes to BCBSRI members, including muscle toning, Pilates, yoga, intro to salsa dancing, butts and guts, A Matter of Balance and tai ji quan.
Visit a Your Blue Store to discuss your health plan needs and plan options or call BCBSRI’s concierge service at (401) 537-1033 seven days a week, 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. For more information about Your Blue Stores and a list of the resources they offer, please visit www.rhodeahead.com/learn/stop-our-stores. For additional resources on choosing a health plan, please visit www.bcbsri.com/shop-for-plan/choosing-plan/individuals-and-families or www.bcbsri.com/makethemost.
About Blue Cross & Blue Shield of Rhode Island
Blue Cross & Blue Shield of Rhode Island (bcbsri.com) is a non-profit, community-focused health plan founded in 1939 to help Rhode Islanders finance their healthcare needs. Today, that’s still a big part of what we’re all about. We are committed to improving the health and peace of mind of our more than 400,000 members by facilitating their access to affordable, high-quality healthcare. Our goal is to improve the quality of life of our customers and of the people of Rhode Island by improving their health for generations to come. We are an independent licensee of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and Instagram .