What’s on your mind in March? Filling out your basketball brackets? Getting ready to go green on St. Patrick’s Day? The much-needed first day of spring?
At Blue Cross Blue Shield, we’re thinking about one thing: Helping Americans gain access to quality healthcare coverage before the sign-up deadline for enrolling through the new healthcare Marketplaces.
March is the last month that Americans can select 2014 health coverage through the new Affordable Care Act (ACA) health insurance Marketplaces and to find out if they qualify for subsidies that reduce monthly premium payments. On March 31, Marketplace “storefronts” – and the chance to receive government assistance to pay premiums - will close and will not reopen until November 15.
Although you have until March 31 to enroll in a health plan, it doesn’t mean that you should wait until then! The sooner you sign up, the sooner your coverage can become effective for you and your family.
If you’re not sure where to start, here are five ways to get the answers – and the coverage – you need:
- Click here to find your local Blue Cross Blue Shield company
- Call 1-888-630-BLUE (2583) to speak with a representative about your choices
- Visit AskBlue to learn more about healthcare reform and whether you might be eligible for help paying for your coverage
- Visit healthcare.gov to shop for healthcare coverage, or be directed to your local state exchange
- Call 1-800-318-2596 or 1-855-889-4325 to speak with a representative from the health insurance marketplace
Don’t wait for the clock to run down! Start researching your plan options today.