Making healthcare affordable. For the Health of America.
The number one priority for Blue Cross Blue Shield (BCBS) companies—especially as the nation faces this unprecedented health crisis—is getting their members across the country the care they need.
Through May 31, all BCBS companies—including the BCBS Federal Employee Program® (FEP®)—are:
- Waiving cost-sharing for COVID-19 testing and treatment. That means members will pay nothing out-of-pocket to take care of their COVID-19-related health needs.
- Waiving all prior authorization requirements for COVID-19 testing and related covered services.
- Increasing access to prescription medications.
“It is important that our members feel safe and secure during these unprecedented times,” said Scott P. Serota, current president and CEO of the Blue Cross Blue Shield Association. “That’s why we are committed to ensuring our members who are dealing with a diagnosis of COVID-19 can easily access the care they need.”
For full details on benefits, services and network coverage—which may vary by health plan—find each BCBS company’s statement below:
- Arkansas Blue Cross and Blue Shield
- Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Alabama
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona
- Blue Shield of California
- Florida Blue
- Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Hawaii
- Blue Cross of Idaho
- Health Care Service Corporation
- Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield
- Wellmark Blue Cross and Blue Shield
- Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Kansas
- Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Louisiana
- CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Minnesota
- Blue Cross & Blue Shield of Mississippi
- Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Kansas City
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Nebraska
- Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey
- BlueCross BlueShield of Western New York
- BlueShield of Northeastern New York
- Excellus BlueCross BlueShield
- Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina
- Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Dakota
- Regence BlueCross BlueShield
- Regence BlueShield of Idaho
- Capital BlueCross
- Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Independence Blue Cross
- Blue Cross & Blue Shield of Rhode Island
- BlueCross BlueShield of South Carolina
- BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee
- Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Vermont
- Premera Blue Cross
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Wyoming
The Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association is a national federation of 36 independent, community-based and locally operated Blue Cross and Blue Shield companies that collectively provide health care coverage for one in three Americans.