For generations, Blue Cross Blue Shield (BCBS) companies have provided secure and stable coverage to meet the healthcare needs of America’s working families. Proudly serving over 17 million unionized workers, retirees and their families — more than any other insurer — we are committed to remaining the top healthcare insurer for working Americans, now and in the future.
Working for America's Working Families
The Blue Cross Blue Shield National Labor Office (NLO) acts as a liaison between organized labor and our 36 BCBS companies, working hand in hand to ensure healthcare coverage for working Americans.
We support and sponsor local, national and international labor unions through labor events, conferences and conventions.
Services for BCBS Companies
We provide consultative services to BCBS companies, including data services, market assessment, account strategy, educational programming and Affordable Care Act (ACA) education and training.
We educate and engage NLO stakeholders through public speaking opportunities, the Labor Matters newsletter, community service, social media and traditional media.
Strategic Alliance Management
We collaborate with external health services vendors to provide best-in-class products and services to BCBS companies and their labor members.
Our Labor Matters Newsletter
Labor Matters is a publication for professionals and companies working with organized labor. The newsletter contains the latest news and information concerning BCBS companies, organized labor and strategic alliances. Articles about vendors and their products and services are for informational purposes only.
Subscribe to Labor Matters to stay current with issues concerning organized labor. To receive the newsletter or update your mailing address, contact us at email@example.com or 202.626.4815.
We organize educational events and meetings to support our BCBS companies, labor union members, and strategic alliance constituents. We also sponsor and attend events sponsored by international labor unions and organizations, across all industries, to stay informed and ready to support our members in all their healthcare needs.
We host educational webinars to inform BCBS labor leaders, plan and benefit administrators and healthcare industry experts about the latest healthcare trends, research and innovations. Webinars address the challenges and opportunities of today's healthcare environment and how they may impact our members tomorrow.
Unions and Blue Cross Blue Shield companies continually seek relationships that provide beneficial and affordable services for their members. Through its strategic alliances*, the National Labor Office brings best‑in‑class offerings to organized labor.
- AIM Specialty Health® - AIM uses an innovative approach to promote the appropriate, safe and cost-effective use of clinical services including radiology, cardiology, oncology, specialty drugs and sleep medicine.
- BCS Financial Corporation - BCS Financial delivers financial and insurance solutions by engaging in strategic partnerships with Blue Cross Blue Shield organizations and commercial market leaders.
- Best Doctors - Best Doctors works with the top five percent of doctors to provide comprehensive case review services, helping patients get the right diagnosis, the right treatment, and the right specialist for their needs.
- BREVENA - Focusing on healthy skin from face to foot, BREVENA skin care products are designed to repair and restore all skin types with products that are fragrance-free, dye-free and steroid-free. www.brevena.com
- Davis Vision, Inc. - Davis Vision is a well-established national entity that provides comprehensive vision care service plans. These plans are structured to ensure optimal cost-benefit results for clients and members.
- HearUSA - HearUSA is the nation’s recognized leader in hearing care providing benefits to health plans, employer groups, managed care organizations, unions and benefit sponsors for over thirty years.
- International Specialty Underwriters - ISU specializes in underwriting, marketing, administration, and claims services to the stop-loss industry.
- NASCO - NASCO offers a variety of innovative and cost-effective healthcare payer solutions designed to align with BCBS companies, with an eye on improving operating expenses, cost sharing and collaboration.
- New Directions Behavioral Health - New Directions pioneers a new approach to behavioral health, offering a full range of behavioral healthcare services including active preventative solutions and quality care.
- SelectAccount - SelectAccount is one of the largest health savings account (HSA) custodians and account administrators in the nation.
- Teladoc - Teladoc provides access to care anytime, anywhere, at a fraction of the cost of urgent care and ER visits, saving everyone money with strict quality processes and clinical protocols for their national network of U.S. board-certified physicians.
- United Concordia Dental - United Concordia offers dental benefit solutions designed to deliver high quality, accessible, understandable and affordable dental care nationwide.
*NLO strategic alliances do not sell Blue Cross and/or Blue Shield branded products. Strategic alliances are not BCBSA partners or joint ventures. In addition, there is not an employer and employee or principal and agent relationship between BCBSA and any strategic alliance, or their respective personnel.
Key trends that improve the quality and affordability of healthcare.