There are no scheduled events at this time.
Addressing the behavioral health needs of the workforce, equitably
Join Dr. Adam Myers, Blue Cross Blue Shield Association, Dr. Christine M. Crawford, National Alliance on Mental Illness, Dr. Darrell M. Gray, Anthem, Inc., Dr. Tom Allen, Health Care Service Corporation, and Tara Sherman, Boeing, for a conversation around the behavioral health crisis in America. They will discuss the massive scale of the crisis, its disproportionate effect on certain populations, the impact on employers and workforces and how we can all unite to make behavioral healthcare more equitable for everyone. The panel will cover:
- The scale of impact of behavioral health conditions on the American workforce.
- Disparities impacting those from systemically disadvantaged groups—especially people of color—and the root causes of these disparities.
- The implications of behavioral health disparities for workforces and organizations.
- Specific strategies for employers, health plan partners and other key stakeholders to work together in the advancement of behavioral health equity.
Advancing Maternal Health Equity: Coming Together to Support Mothers in the Workforce
Join Reed Melton, Blue Cross Blue Shield Association, and industry leaders from CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield, March of Dimes and Business Group on Health for a discussion around the maternal health crisis in America. They will address maternal health disparities in depth, discuss how this situation is affecting employers and their workforces and outline how everyone plays a part in making the maternal journey safer for all women. The panel will cover:
- The staggering disparities present within maternal health—particularly for women of color—and their key influencing factors.
- The impact these disparities are having on workforces and organizations.
- How health plan partners, employers and other stakeholders can work together to advance the movement for maternal health equity, outlining specific strategies for action.
Advancing health equity: How we can work together to drive change for your workforce
Join Albert Chu and Dr. Adam Myers, Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association, Bridget Hurd, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan and Amanda Smith, Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP, for a discussion around the health equity crisis in America. Tackling the issue head-on, they will dissect where health disparities are affecting employees, challenges the pandemic has created, and how advancing change will take all of us. The panel will explore:
- The scale of health disparities and their impact on employee populations, and how that’s costing employers.
- What health plans can do to advance health equity and how the Blue Cross and Blue Shield system’s National Health Equity Strategy is confronting the issue.
- How health plan partners, employers and other stakeholders can work together to help change the tide, highlighting specific strategies to focus on.
Behavioral Health & the Changing Workplace: What We Must Do Next
Join Blue Cross and Blue Shield companies and leading voices from NAMI, Business Group on Health and Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP as they come together to discuss strategies for addressing pandemic-amplified behavioral health challenges—particularly as vaccines are rolling out and more focus on hybrid work models are set to spur workplace changes that can impact employee behavioral health. Topics will include burnout, empathetic leadership, and how to foster a culture of health that will support employees—now and for the future. They will:
- Break down the correlation between behavioral health and productivity.
- Address the tension between business and employee health.
- Define how workplace culture needs to evolve to meet the needs of the times.
Strategies for Bringing Equity to Maternal Healthcare
Studies show Black, American Indian and Alaska Native women are more likely than white women to suffer and die from pregnancy-related causes in the U.S. Watch as experts from Blue Cross Blue Shield Association, 4Kira4Moms and CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield sit down as part of Business Group on Health’s Annual Conference to discuss strategies employers can use to help eliminate disparities and achieve equity in maternal healthcare.
Bringing full health into focus
View our complimentary webinar as we share insights on the scale of behavioral health challenges, their effect on the workforce and how organizations can address them full-on.