National Health Equity Strategy
Blue Cross and Blue Shield Companies Confront the Nation’s Crisis in Racial Health Disparities
Your health shouldn’t depend on the color of your skin or the neighborhood you live in.
The crisis in racial disparities in our country’s health care is unconscionable and unacceptable. While BCBS companies have made great strides in addressing racial health disparities in our local communities, there is so much more to be done."
— Kim Keck
President and CEO, Blue Cross Blue Shield Association
Blue Cross Blue Shield Association’s (BCBSA) National Health Equity Strategy includes:
- Collecting data to measure disparities
- Scaling effective programs
- Working with providers to improve outcomes and address unconscious bias
- Leaning into partnerships at the community level
- Influencing policy decisions at the state and federal levels
What we're doing
Blue Cross and Blue Shield Companies Address the Nation's Crisis in Racial Health Disparities.